This section will help you set up your Dioxus project!
Dioxus integrates very well with the Rust-Analyzer LSP plugin which will provide appropriate syntax highlighting, code navigation, folding, and more.
Head over to https://rust-lang.org and install the Rust compiler.
We strongly recommend going through the official Rust book completely. However, we hope that a Dioxus app can serve as a great first Rust project. With Dioxus, you'll learn about:
- Error handling
- Structs, Functions, Enums
We've put a lot of care into making Dioxus syntax familiar and easy to understand, so you won't need deep knowledge of async, lifetimes, or smart pointers until you start building complex Dioxus apps.
Dioxus supports multiple platforms. Choose the platform you want to target below to get platform-specific setup instructions:
- Choosing a Web Renderer
- Client Side: runs in the browser through WebAssembly
- Liveview: runs on the server, renders in the browser using WebSockets
- Fullstack: renders to HTML text on the server and hydrates it on the client
- Desktop: runs in a web view on desktop
- Mobile: runs in a web view on mobile
- Terminal UI: renders text-based graphics in the terminal
More information on any platform you choose is available in the section of the same name in the Reference